Thursday, May 29, 2008

WEEK 45 PART 2: AN OFF DAY

Waiting for the matatu.


Today is cloudy and dreary. Instead of venturing out into the quarry or the camp I have been shooting I decided to wait until tomorrow for nicer light. It give me a chance to run the errands for the the things I forgot in New York. I guess a fresh towel is a good idea. It’s been an interesting experience getting to slow down and work at my own pace. I’ve moved into a house of some pretty cool Italian film makers and an American photographer who have graciously taken me in. So much for the idea of being my own sounding board. They are a great bunch. Bonus: everyone cooks, there’s a baby that is alway laughing, and the market in the is part of town has prosciutto. The only thing that’s missing today is a clear sky. There’s always tomorrow. More later.

No comments: