Friday, July 25, 2008

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN

WNBA's first outdoor game at Arthur Ashe Stadium

It's funny I've been back in New York for three weeks now and for the most part all I've shot is events put out by press release. Now that's not to say I look a gift horse in the mouth since this is of course the source of my income, but I find myself laughing at some of the things I have photographed lately since people take things sooooo seriously here.
Posting up under the stars.

Recently I got taken to task for my criticisms on this city I call home. It's not to say I don't still love it here. I do. After all following a press release lead me to the picture with this posting. The New York Liberty played the first ever professional basketball game outdoors at the Arthur Ashe Stadium in Queens. It's one of those hard to pass up things that as the saying goes "Only In New York". Sure this city is irritating, especially now that it's summer, and I do plan on relocating by the fall, but no place on earth has the culture or entertainment that is this over the top. Only in New York.

No comments: