Thursday, August 13, 2009

FRIENDS IN FAR OFF PLACES



As always I am rambling with my thoughts here going in no particular direction. I have been here for almost a week and as a dark cloud started to cover my heart I go to meet Atta Ullah. The short version is he is a rug seller that has taken a shine to my friend, colleague, Delhi drinking buddy, and all around cool chick Line Wolf Nielsen. She introduced me to him when I mentioned I needed help with as story. Like I said, she's cool like that. He took me out showed me the market, introduced me to migrant day laborers, had tea with me, and when we parted ways he hugged me and kissed my cheeks as if I was his own son.This may have been the best day here so far. I keep saying that I'm a decent photographer but my best skill is making friends. No matter where I go people look out for me. I am trying to continue my efforts to pay the kindness forward. It's the epitome of wishful thinking to hope that the rest of my days are like this. I have a little over a week and a half until the election is behind me(more wishful thinking). Til then I'm keeping my head down and my wits about me. More later.



Atta Ullah being his charming self.

No comments: